Punta Cana Real Estate, Vacation Rentals & Property Management
Finding the Right Property & Community
The checklist below can help you choose the best property and community for you. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, we encourage you to walk around in the communities so you can talk with the residents. We also encourage you to book a real estate assessment tour so we can help you explore in depth the properties you’re most interested in. Our agency is very familiar with most communities, so please don’t hesitate to contact us with specific questions about the communities you’re seriously interested in. Also visit Punta Cana Area Resources for maps and other helpful community information.
- What are the advantages to buying a condo versus a single-family home?
- How close is the property to the beach, groceries, restaurants, shopping, night-life, schools, hospitals, golf courses, etc? How will I get there?
- Are there many houses or condos for sale in the community? What are the market values of properties in the area?
- Is the community scenic and visually appealing?
- Is it a safe community? Does it offer 24/7 security?
- What are the maintenance (condo) fees for each community? What do the fees include?
- What are the condo rules and regulations (bi-laws), if any?
- Does the community have good maintenance? Are there easily accessible walkways?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of buying in a golf course community?
- Are there families with small children in the area?
- Are the people in the community friendly? Do many speak English?
- Are there community events or organizations for people like us?
- What is the pet policy?
- For communities under construction: When will it be finished? Will the price increase when construction is finished? Are there any developer construction or financial concerns? Have board members (typically owners) been elected yet?